October 25, 2009

TODT: NOW IS TIME FOR FIA UNITY

Speaking at a news conference after the election result, Todt was quoted by Reuters as saying:
"I like action, I like to make things go forward and I am really happy to see that so many countries chose me but everything is yet to be done. The day the election is over, everybody must share the same goals, including those who did not support me I am not closing the door to anybody. I want to nominate commissioners, because I am not intending to run Formula 1 as a first person," he said. "I don't want to underestimate the problems, but success in my career has always been to have the right people in my teams." Speaking about Schumacher, he said: "He is like a son. There has always been a place for him next to me and there will still be."

No comments: