October 29, 2009

KOBAYASHI TO RACE FOR TOYOTA IN ABU DHABI

Toyota have confirmed on Tuesday that their third driver Kamui Kobayashi will race again for the team at this weekend’s Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

"I am really looking forward to my second Grand Prix and I want to make the most of this unexpected chance. I didn't know the track in Brazil and that was a little bit of a disadvantage because almost all the other drivers had some experience of it. But that's not the case in Abu Dhabi; this is a new track for everyone so that should help me.

I am also more familiar with the car now, as well as other procedures during a race weekend like pit stops and the two tyre compounds, so I expect to be more competitive in Abu Dhabi. I am sure the car will be strong and I will do everything I can to try to score my first points in Formula One. Of course it will be extremely difficult because the field is very strong and this is just my second Grand Prix but I will give my all." Kobayashi said
F1

No comments: